Wednesday, February 14, 2007

~LOVE this pattern!~

I have to say AGAIN - THANK YOU MEGAN for this pattern (and the knit-a-long)! I have never been a mitten person, but I keep score for my daughter's softball games and they can be pretty cold during the indoor sessions in the "dome" and at the beginning of the season outside. Holding a pencil with gloves is almost impossible and I look forward to getting A LOT of use out of these. This is my 4th pair - the first 3 were given away and these are MINE :) I also made myself a Caliorimetry to keep my ears warm and I'm holding firm that the girls aren't going to talk me into giving these to them! lol
I used Lamb's Pride in Medieval Red which is more of a burgandy color than shown here and the only change I made to the pattern was to add a few extra rows after the wrist band to make that part a bit longer. I also used size 6 dpn's for the ribbing on the wrist as I like it a bit more snug!

I see a LOT more of these in the very near future - a great way to get a jump on Christmas Knitting for next year! wooooooooo hooooooooo!

Cathy
http://tightlywoundlooselyknit.blogspot.com


3 comments:

Oiyi said...

They look great! Thanks for the tip to make the wrist part snugger.

Lisa said...

I love the red set! They're goregous. :)

Cathy said...

Thank you for your kind words! :)